OUSTANDING POST! I really enjoyed reading this!
1. There will be times when you are fiercely proud of them and supportive of them, and there will be times when you resent them and feel as though you cannot forgive them. Both of these are perfectly okay.
2. Addiction is a disease. It chose your family, and that’s unfair, but it is not your fault. It is not the addict’s fault. No one asks to get cancer, and no one asks to become an addict.
3. You are stronger than you believe.
4. This does not have to define you.
5. You can love the addict while still holding them accountable.
6. Forgiveness is possible. It is not required, and it does not have a timeline, but it is possible.
7. You do not always have to take care of other people.
8. You do not always have to take care of yourself.
9. You don’t…
View original post 176 more words